Food and Feline Diet Needs
It is true, cats and kittens need more than just their mittens in order to survive on a daily basis. Every cat needs a sound diet plan and quality food if good health is desired. How much do these felines need to eat on a daily basis? There is a common response to this question.
Usually, a kitten will need a meal at least three times a day. When they become adults, they will need to be fed only twice a day. This happens when they reach the age of one. Some adult cats only need to be fed once a day. In fact, many cat owners only feed their beloved felines in the morning and leave it at that.
Most indoor cats need, approximately, 24 to 35 calories a day in their diet plan. Some experts will claim that domesticated cats can eat the same items as the cats in the wild dine on. A moisture-rich and meat-filled diet is good pickings for any cat. Every cat is extraordinary and unique in terms of their dietary requirements and needs.
An Overweight Cat?
Nobody wants to be called “a fat cat.” However, some cats could benefit by dropping a few pounds and getting on a healthy diet plan. Many people adore cuddling with a fat cat because they are loveable and sweet in every way.
If you have an overweight cat, 48 percent of domestic cats are overweight, you may appreciate some useful information in order to help your cat lose a few pounds. Keep in mind, obesity may be caused by a cat’s sedentary lifestyle. Too many treats and over-feeding can have some negative effects on a cats’ girlish figure. Or their boyish figure.
The following tips will help any cat owner to get their feline back on track and slim down:
* begin by controlling calories and fat; this is an excellent starting point for weight loss. Ask your veterinary about necessary calorie intake before you put your cat on any diet plan
* more playtime and fewer treats; bonding with your cat and exercising can be more play in your day. playing with your cat, more often, is going to burn extra calories. Limiting the treats will be useful in weight loss
* an overview of the environment; You can’t be with your cat 24/7. Every cat will need to amuse themselves when their cat parents are away. Give the environment an overview and see if you can create a more cat-friendly space. Broaden your cat’s horizons and create a cozy and stimulating space. A sample of ideas include:
* scratching posts; one may not be enough
* leave some music on; allow your cat to dance their day away
Cat Food Ingredients for Good Feline Health
Most cat parents know that the ingredients, in the cat food, is going to contribute to their cats’ health in one way or another.
There are some important ingredients that will be highly beneficial to the health of any cat. The next time you buy food for your cat, look to see if the following ingredients are included:
* a named protein source; check for turkey, lamb, salmon, chicken, and any organs. Protein is very important in the diet of a cat
* carbohydrates or fillers; cats need meat to fully thrive. they, also, need carbohydrates. They are considered to be fillers. Green peas, potatoes or potato starch and sweet potatoes are good fillers.
* vitamins and minerals; vitamin C and Vitamin E
* Taurine; this is an amino acid
There are other ingredients to look for when you buy cat food. It is a good idea to check with your veterinary t determine what your cat needs to survive.