The indoor cats lead healthier and longer lives rather than outdoor cats. But it is still crucial to permits your friend to stimulate home life for both psychological and physical health.
Cat perch is very easy to create. What I like about it, is that it can works with any décor on your bedrooms. There is nothing con to cat trees, let us face the reality, they are not extremely attractive. And some really don’t have enough spaces in their bedrooms. So a lot of cat lovers came up with this kind of idea.
The window perches are the ultimate remedy for your problem. These do it yourself window perches for the cat will give hangout spots on them, the smell of nature, front-row to sights and sounds to make your cats comfortable at home.
Here are the tips and procedures on how to make a window perches for a cat that they will surely love.
Let us call this project with these three basic essentials to-dos:
1. Hang it tight
Hang the seat on the jamb of a window having S-hooks, gold-finish eye hook, and lastly, plumber’s safety irons.
2. Make the seat
By the use of jigsaw, eliminate the plywood ledge, wrap with leather all of raw sides, and firm it by the gold nails.
3. Cozy it up
Add sheepskin and cushion and I assure you that your cat will love it.
Before you will start, here are the tips on how you will work specifically on the sewing leather and leather. This step is called: gluing leather, hole punching, and cutting.
Now, let us begin with our project: Operation Oplan Window Perches for Cats
Here are the materials that are needed to make a beautiful and very nice perch that are perfect for your loved cats.
- Measuring tape (any available measuring materials are possible)
- Leather punch
- Industrial-strength glue like Barge
- 3⁄4-inches of thick plywood
- Handheld electric drill
- 3⁄4-inches of a leather strip
- Wood screws
- Plumber’s safety chains
- Decorative nails
- Eye Hooks
Here are the steps and procedures on how to make a window perch for your cats.
- Measure the windowsill width of the frame. By the use of jigsaw, cut the plywood which measures 18 inches width deep.
- Cover all the edges of the plywood with the leather strip; make sure that it fits on the plywood. Mark the strip about half inch on the corners on the other sides of 1 long edge; marks and punch holes. Lastly, put any kind of glue on the wood edge as well as on the back of the strip. Press it to make it firm and let it dry.
- Predrill the holes for the nails into the plywood at punched holes on the leather strips; hammer the nails.
- Screw the eye hooks on every corner of the plywood on 1 long edge, and the window jambs half way up.
- Affix the safety chain on the eye hooks along with the S-hooks. In order to calculate the chain length, look back when you have first learned the Pythagorean theorem in Algebra and the a2+b2=c2, whereas a serves as the distance of the window down to the bottom up to the plywood eye hook; b will be the distance of the window down to the bottom and up to the window-jamb eye hook; lastly c will be the length of the chain that you will be needing.
- Predrill the holes down between the back corners from the remaining of a long edge of the plywood and still; always secure the wood screws. Top with sheepskin and cushion.
Putting a perch under the window will add fun and in addition to that will give your cat their own spots by placing them in front of the windows, and you will providing them an hour for entertainment, and watching them spy on the neighbors.
No matter what specific location it is, your cats will surely love being secured for your do it yourself cat perch, most especially if you give a fully smooth cover on the platform.
It is very important to give importance on our pets, like cats, let them fell that they are always secure in our side and provide them the care that they deserve and most especially love them unconditionally because they give happiness and joy to us.
This article will surely give you ideas on how you will make your cats smile by creating them window perches.